COVID-19 Lancaster Municipal Gas (LMG)Public Update
In attempt to safeguard the general public and LMG’s employees from the spread of the COVID-19 virus, (LMG) offices and operations will be changing as followed:
- Effective Monday, March 16th 2020, LMG’s main office will be closed to the general public. All customers, contractors, and vendors who need to visit LMG’s main office will be required to call (740-687-6670 ext-0) first to schedule an appointment.
- Situations that require an employee to enter a home or business will require LMG to take additional precautions.
- LMG’s technicians will be asking if anyone in the home is, or has recently been in contact with any person exhibiting flu-like symptoms. If so, that person will be asked to please maintain a safe distance from the technician (approximately 10 ft. or more) while work is completed. This will help prevent spreading illness and will allow LMG to continue to provide service to customers.
- Physical contact such as hand shaking will be avoided.
- Customers may notice technicians using face masks, gloves, shoe coverings, disinfectant wipes, or other protective gear; please do not be alarmed. Technicians are using these items to protect both themselves as well as customers from spreading any illness. Another benefit is to preserve the pre-work condition of homes and businesses that they enter.
LMG will continue monitoring COVID-19 and may consider additional actions in the future as new suggestions and /or mandates are made by governing authorities. As always, LMG is committed to continuing to provide its customers with safe and reliable natural gas service.
- Do you smell gas? (PDF)
- Sewer Clearing Safety Precautions (PDF)
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning (PDF)
- Check Your Appliance Connections (PDF)
- Corrugated Stainless Steel Tubing (PDF)
- Excessively Hot Tap Water (PDF)
- Hazardous Conditions Associated with Snow and Ice (PDF)
- Leak Recognition and Response (PDF)
- Maintain Your Buried Piping (PDF)
- Pipeline Purpose and 811 (PDF)
- Space Heater Safety (PDF)