What permits are required to build a house?
- Building Permit -must include the following with the application
- Architectural Plans
- Truss Certifications
- Joist Certifications
- Site and Grading Plan
- Insulation and Energy Calculations
- Curb Cut Permit –submit curb cut application at our office with construction application
- Water Tap -applications in our office, contact Water Department 687-6631 for fees related to the actual TAP to the main water system
- Sanitary Sewer Tap -applications and maps in our office to determine sewer availability, contact Engineering at 687-6614 for information
- Development Permit for Special Flood Hazard Area -for sites located in FEMA regulated special flood hazard areas,
- Construction Site Stormwater -contact Ohio EPA at 614-644-2001 and obtain a “Notice of Intent for coverage under General Construction” and include the approved form with your construction application. Contact Engineering at 687-6614 for information
What permits are required to build an addition or accessory building?
- Same as listed for a new house less the water and sewer taps
What permits are required for a "permanently sited manufactured home"?
Same as listed for a new house.