Building A House, Addition or Accessory Building

House under construction
For Questions of Assistance

Certified Building Department
121 E. Chestnut St
Suite 102
Lancaster, OH 43130

(740) 687-6649
What permits are required to build a house?
  • Building Permit -must include the following with the application
    • Architectural Plans
    • Truss Certifications
    • Joist Certifications
    • Site and Grading Plan
    • Insulation and Energy Calculations
  • Curb Cut Permit –submit curb cut application at our office with construction application
  • Water Tap -applications in our office, contact Water Department 687-6631 for fees related to the actual TAP to the main water system
  • Sanitary Sewer Tap -applications and maps in our office to determine sewer availability, contact Engineering at 687-6614 for information
  • Development Permit for Special Flood Hazard Area -for sites located in FEMA regulated special flood hazard areas,
  • Construction Site Stormwater -contact Ohio EPA at 614-644-2001 and obtain a “Notice of Intent for coverage under General Construction” and include the approved form with your construction application. Contact Engineering at 687-6614 for information

What permits are required to build an addition or accessory building?

  • Same as listed for a new house less the water and sewer taps

What permits are required for a "permanently sited manufactured home"?

            Same as listed for a new house.