The Lancaster Department of Transportation provides the following services for the citizens of Lancaster:
* We assist our Engineering Department with the administration of the voter passed 3 Mil Levy that funds our 10 Year Street Repaving Program.
* We clean and maintain the City's streets and alleys.
* We clean, inspect, install and maintain the various parts of the City's Storm Water management system.
* We maintain the City's Traffic Signals, Street Signs and Pavement Markings.
* We remove Snow and Ice during the winter months to help provide for safe travel.
* We provide support services for local events such as the Lancaster Festival, parades and Destination Downtown Lancaster/Special Improvement District.
* We operate and maintain the City's centralized fuel depot.
* We respond to emergency situations to provide traffic control and storm damage clean-up ... 24/7.