New Trash Cart Delivery
Delivery of trash carts to all city residents will begin as early as the week of June 25, 2018 and will continue thru August 3, 2018. Please see below for more information.
- Each resident will be issued a trash cart according to their current sanitation cost code.
- Those currently paying $13.50 will be issued one 95-gallon trash cart.
- Those currently paying $9.00 will be issued one 35-gallon trash cart.
- Residents who wish to use their own trash cart must contact the Sanitation Department at (740) 687-6660 and will be issued a sticker identifying the trash cart for pickup
- Trash carts will be delivered at the front of the property, however, the pickup location for your trash will remain the same.
- All trash carts must remain at the address in which it is assigned. This means if a resident moves the trash cart must remain at the address in which it is assigned.
- Residents will be responsible for keeping their assigned trash cart clean. The Sanitation Department will be responsible for the repair and replacement of damaged trash carts.
- In order for your trash cart to be serviced the following guidelines must be met:
- Place as much trash that will fit in trash cart, with the lid completely closed.
- Trash carts must be placed within 3 feet of the street edge or alley with lid opening facing the street and the wheels toward the residence.
- Trash carts must be placed at least 3 feet from any tree, pole, mailbox, etc. and at least 10 feet from parked cars.
- Additional trash cannot be stacked on top of the trash cart.
- Multiple trash carts must be spaced 3 feet apart.
- Trash carts must be set out at the street edge or alley by 7:30am on your scheduled pickup day.
If you have old trash cans that you wish to dispose of you may set them out on your scheduled pick up day with a note attached reading “Take Can” or you may contact the Sanitation Department at (740) 687-6660.
The size of the trash cart delivered to each resident will be determined by that resident's current sanitation rate. If you wish to receive a different size trash cart, you may contact the Lancaster Sanitation Department at (740)687-6660. Those requesting the 35 gallon trash cart MUST qualify for the Senior Rate (household with 1 or 2 persons 62 years of age or older) and those requesting the 96 gallon trash cart will have their Lancaster Sanitation Rate increased to $13.50 per month.
More information to come…